• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 1 cup Gourmet Warehouse Honey Garlic Marinade
• 1/2 pound bacon
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 small onion, cut into long slices
• 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
• 1 red pepper, cut into strips
• 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
• 4 slices mozzarella cheese
• Cilantro , chopped, to taste or pico de gallo
1) To Marinate: Place chicken in a nonporous glass dish or bowl. Pour marinade over chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3) Place chicken in a 9 x13 inch baking
dish and bake preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through and juices run clear.
4) Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
5) In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Saute onion, bell pepper and mushrooms for about 3 to 5 minutes or until soft and slightly translucent. Drain and set onion mixture aside.
6) Top the baked chicken with bacon strips. Add the onion mixture and top each breast with a slice of cheese. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
7) Scatter cilantro over top or add your favorite pico de gallo and enjoy!